5. Olympic games were played in Greece, Italy, China, Canada, Great Britain and Russia. (Read the rest of the list, it’s amazing!)
- Nadal holds off Bautista Agut for final spot (via ATP World Tour)
“All of those symptoms are symptoms that I am mentally more stable and more confident that things are going to go well. This is great news in order to go out and play tomorrow’s match, but also for what may come in the future.”
- Nadal eyes eighth Rome title as Djokovic returns (via ATP World Tour)
World No. 1 Rafael Nadal is looking to win the Rome title for the eighth time next week in Rome. The Spaniard, who could win his 27th Masters 1000 title this weekend in Madrid, is the defending champion, having lifted the trophy in 2005-’07, 2009-’10 and 2012-’13.
- Racquet Reaction – Madrid: Nadal d. Bautista Agut (via Tennis.com)
Of course, Nadal also traffics in taking time away, albeit in a different way — mostly by ratcheting up rallies slowly but surely, until he has his opponent doing wind sprints on the baseline. He can just out-athletes most of his rivals, and today was a good example of how explosiveness and muscle and trump quick reflexes and precision.
“Siempre hay situaciones, altos y bajos en tu carrera”, indicó el español, molesto por la rapidez con la que la gente dice que está “acabado” cuando se suceden algunos malos resultados.
- Internazionali BNL d’Italia (Rome) Draw: Rafael Nadal’s Roland Garros path continues in the Eternal City
- Rafael Nadal defeats Bautista Agut in Madrid to reach his 90th career final
- Rafa and the ball girls (via Christopher Levy @tennis_shots)
- Saturday hotshot: Rafael Nadal (via ATP World Tour)
- Rafael Nadal vs. Roberto Bautista Agut semifinal match point (via Lasexta)
- Rafael Nadal and Bautista Agut help celebrate Manolo Santana’s Birthday (via Lasexta)
- PHOTOS: Rafael Nadal defeats Tomas Berdych to reach the semifinals at Madrid Open
- An Interview with Rafael Nadal: Madrid Open Post-QF victory presser – Nadal defeats Berdych