The Roland Garros draw is out.
21-time Grand Slam champion Rafael Nadal will begin the tournament against Australia’s Jordan Thompson, with Stan Wawrinka looming as a potential second-round opponent. Ninth seed Felix Auger-Aliassime and 17th seed Reilly Opelka are potential fourth-round matchups for our champ.
Rafa was drawn in the same half as Novak Djokovic and Carlos Alcaraz. He could end up meeting Djokovic in the quarterfinal.
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- 1st round: Jordan Thompson
- 2nd round: Stan Wawrinka
- 3rd round: Botic van de Zandschulp
- Last 16: Felix Auger-Aliassime
- Quarter-final: Novak Djokovic
- Semi-final: Alexander Zverev or Carlos Alcaraz
- Final: Stefanos Tsitsipas or Daniil Medvedev
- Novak Djokovic vs Rafael Nadal
- Alexander Zverev vs Carlos Alcaraz
- Caper Ruud vs Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Andrey Rublev vs Daniil Medvedev
Rafa is aiming to win his record-extending 14th title at Roland Garros. He has the opportunity to widen the gap between himself and Djokovic and Federer if he manages to walk away with the Coupe des Mousquetaires in a couple of weeks’ time.
All the best of luck in the world to you, Rafa! VAMOS!