- Nadal Claims Fourth Doha Doubles Crown With Monaco (via ATP World Tour)
Reflecting on his start to 2015, Nadal said; “It’s a great feeling to come back to the competition and have the feeling of winning a title. It’s positive for me, a good way to finish the week. I’m practising very hard and I’ll be practising tomorrow. I’m very motivated to be back at my best in singles too.“
- Doha: Day-5 doubles win for Rafico (via Andy Taylor)
Undiscouraged, Nadal is looking forward to the Australian Open and thankful for the time he got to spend on court with a great friend tuning up for the long season. He’s realistic. It was his first event back after a dodgy final five months of 2014. The first-round exit is no reason to panic. A week-1 doubles championship is worth celebrating. The time on court: priceless.
- Nadal hopes doubles win boosts Australian Open bid (via Yahoo Sports)
“If someone tells you they know how quickly they will recover they are lying,” he warned. “No-one knows that. No-one knows when they will be back at their level. I only know I have to keep working hard to be ready for Australia. But if that doesn’t happen, I just have to work hard to be back for real.” … “Australia is very important, but after a long time out my vision is more global. I will try to be back for Australia, but my season doesn’t end there.”
- Too Soon to Panic (via tennis.com)
Nadal’s career history says that, yes, there will be more injuries, and he might be happy just to get out of Melbourne without another serious one. But his history also says something else: He’ll remember how to win, and do a lot of it, before he heads for the sidelines again.
- REWIND: Best in show (via Australian Open)
Rafael Nadal, 2005 — Cut-off sleeves, pirate pants…it must have been the Noughties! If there’s anyone that can pull this look off, it’s definitely Rafa. At 18 years old and with a physique like that, why wouldn’t you?
- Nadal Melbourne bound (via Australian Open)
Nadal is on his way to Melbourne and fans can ensure they see the raging bull in action at the Summer Set on 14 January, at a fast-paced pre-Australian Open night event on Margaret Court Arena.
- Doha Doubles Final Trophy Ceremony
- Rafael Nadal: Game of Champions (via PokerStars)
- Rafa Nadal Chat – Motivation & memories / Injuries & comebacks (via Australian Open)