The post Rome Masters rankings are up.
Rafael Nadal has dropped one place to 5th spot in the ATP singles rankings after being eliminated in the third round at the Rome Masters. He suffered a recurrence of his old foot injury during his match against Denis Shapovalov in Rome.
With Rafa dropping to No 5 in this week’s rankings, things could get complicated at Roland-Garros. As the No. 5 seed in Paris, our champ could face Novak Djokovic or any other top 4 seed as soon as the quarter-finals.
With 8660 points, Novak Djokovic, leads No. 2 Daniil Medvedev by 680 points. Alexander Zverev remains steady at No. 3, while Stefanos Tsitsipas moved up a spot to No. 4.
Carlos Alcaraz with 4,770 points is in sixth place, followed by Andrei Rublev who is seventh with 3,945 points, Casper Ruud again progress to eighth place with 3,940 points, while Felix Auger-Aliassime is ninth with 3,850 points, followed by Matteo Berrettini in tenth with 3,805 points.
ATP World Tour rankings – top 10 as of Monday 16 May:
1. Novak Djokovic – 8,660 points
2. Daniil Medvedev – 7,980 points
3. Alexander Zverev – 7,200 points
4. Stefanos Tsitsipas – 6,170 points
5. Rafael Nadal – 5,525 points
6. Carlos Alcaraz – 4,770 points
7. Andrei Rublev – 3,945 points
8. Casper Ruud – 3,940 points
9. Felix Auger-Aliassime – 3,850 points
10. Matteo Berrettini – 3,805 points
In the 52 week rankings, the year to date rankings, Rafa is still No. 1.
The 2022 Roland Garros starts on May 22 and will end on June 5. The draw will be released on Thursday, May 19 at 6.45 pm local time.