Singles draw has been made for the Internazionali BNL d’Italia, the fifth ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event in 2022.
21-time Grand Slam champion Rafael Nadal will open his campaign against a qualifier or John Isner.
Rafa’s potential rivals in the later stages of the tournament are:
- 1st round: Bye
- 2nd round: John Isner
- 3rd round: Denis Shapovalov
- Quarter-final: Casper Ruud
- Semi-final: Novak Djokovic
- Final: Alexander Zverev
- Novak Djokovic vs Felix Auger-Aliassime
- Rafael Nadal vs Casper Ruud
- Andrey Rublev vs Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Carlos Alcaraz vs Alexander Zverev
A mid-match surge from Novak Djokovic was not enough to deny Rafa a 10th crown with a three-set win in the 2021 championship match, as the Spaniard extended his all-time record for most titles and most match wins (68) at the event in the process.
Despite a rib injury suffered in March disrupting his most successful start to a season in 2022, Rafa’s unrivalled record at the Foro Italico makes him the man to beat in Rome.
Good luck & Vamos Rafa!