In his last few games Nadal has been playing a bit better but he needs time. It’s logical because when Rafa isn’t at his best, his shots aren’t as fast, he plays shorter and his opponents know how to play against him. He hasn’t had a great preparation but to beat him here over five sets is very difficult. He has an incredible and unique mental strength that could see him win. With Rafa, everything is possible.
- Experts’ picks: French Open (via ESPN)
Will he, or won’t he? Will Novak Djokovic end an 0-for-6 streak against Rafael Nadal at Roland Garros? Or will the gritty but seriously embattled Spaniard rally to win his 10th French Open?
- Roland Garros #Drawma (via The Tennis Notebook)
- Off The Net: Rafael Nadal-Clay break up, Novak Djokovic uncorked & the Roger Federer hologram (via sport360.com)
With the French Open just around the corner, Off The Net has set it’s satirical sights on the four major protagonists certain to be scrapping it out for clay-based glory at the upcoming French Open. … Something has clearly gone wrong here – we are witnessing the most painful public break up since Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt. Like Aniston and Pitt, clay and Nadal had it all – success, prestige, adoring fans and fine tans. Now it could all be lost.
- Rafael Nadal Gets New Richard Mille Watch For Roland-Garros 2015 (via hautetime.com)
With Roland-Garros 2015 in their sights, Richard Mille and Rafael Nadal have announced the release of two limited edition watches, and the tennis champion, who is getting ready to challenge for a 10th French Open title, has already been spotted testing his latest timepiece. After last week’s RM 035 Americas limited edition, the brand has just announced a new manual winding tourbillon caliber dedicated to the Tennis Champion. With a production run of just 50 models, the RM 27-02 is a rare product for those closest to the brand.
- Richard Mille Tourbillon RM 27-02 Rafa Nadal – interviews with Rafa and Richard Mille (via richardmille.com)
- What you have already missed at the French Open (via Roland Garros)
- Why Rafael Nadal’s struggles might be a scam (via ESPN)
- Ask the Experts: Can Rafael Nadal win the 2015 French Open? (via NBC)
- Nice words from Roger Federer & others about Rafael Nadal (via NadalPower)