Rafael Nadal will make his IPTL (International Premier Tennis League) debut in December. He will play for the “Indian Aces”.
The full list of players drafted on Sunday is as follows:
- Indian Aces: Rafael Nadal, Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna, Gael Monfils, Fabrice Santoro, Ivan Dodig, Agnieszka Radwanska
- UAE Royals: Roger Federer, Ana Ivanovic, Tomas Berdych, Kristina Mladenovic, Marin Cilic, Daniel Nestor, Goran Ivanisevic
- Manila Mavericks: Serena Williams, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Sabine Lisicki, Richard Gasquet, Mark Philippoussis, Jarmila Gajdosova, Borna Coric, Treat Huey
- Singapore Slammers: Novak Djokovic, Nick Kyrgios, Karolina Pliskova, Carlos Moya, Belinda Bencic, Thanasi Kokkinakis, Marcelo Melo
- Japan Warriors: Maria Sharapova, Kei Nishikori, Leander Paes, Vasek Pospisil, Marat Safin, Daniela Hantuchova, Lucas Pouille, Kurumi Nara
Each team will play five sets (Men’s Singles, Women’s Singles, Mixed Doubles, Men’s Doubles & Men’s Legends Singles). No-ad scoring applies for each game and each game won counts as one point for the team’s total. Each set is played first to six games with a 5 minute Shoot-out at 5-all. There will be no change overs, and the player that wins the most points within the four minutes wins the set.
The league will begin on December 2 and end on December 20.