If Nadal’s body might be giving him a few problems, his mind remains as strong as ever. It’s his psychological strength that sets him apart from the rest, according to Arias. “I would say he’s the greatest mental player in the history of the sport. Not strategy, necessarily, but the ability to play every point as if that’s the most important one you’ve ever played, and do it every match.” Nadal is a veteran at coming back, having been slowed by, most notably, injuries to both knees.
- Rafael Nadal: Tennis’ humble champion (via theroar.com.au)
Where Lleyton is David with the heart of a lion, Rafa is Goliath with a heart of a raging bull and every bit as ferocious. His unbending will to win has won him countless matches and a loyal army of fans that yell louder and louder with each slam victory, hauling himself up to Federer’s mythical numbers.
- I’ve a small problem, his name is Nadal: Novak Djokovic (via ibnlive.in.com)
“I have been pretty close to winning the French Open title and have played a few finals and semi-finals but I have a problem, his name is Nadal. He is not going away, that’s for sure,” he told reporters at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi on Monday as IPTL’s India leg concluded. “I’m going to push hard for it, I’m going to keep on trying each year. Hopefully I can keep on going, I have that self-belief, I know I can do it and hopefully by the end of my career I am going to get one trophy there.”
- Fedex ATP Performance Zone: 2014 Best Under Pressure (via ATP World Tour)
Nadal led the ATP World Tour this year with the best winning percentage after losing the first set. Overall, the World No. 3 is 87-108 (.446) lifetime.
- Will Rafael Nadal make a victorious comeback at the Australian Open? (via live-tennis.com)
Nadal will be starting his competitive season at the Mubadala World Tennis Championships alongside Novak Djokovic, Stan Wawrinka and Andy Murray, before joining Djokovic in the Doha line-up for the season opener. The World No. 3 is going to be one to watch in Melbourne –back to fitness he has to be one of the clear favourites for the first Slam of the year.
- Nadal: “Los miedos y dudas están ahí, pero lo superaré con trabajo y ganas” (via europapress.com)
“Estoy entrenando con actitud e intensidad alta. Tengo la suerte de que ha estado entrenando conmigo esta semana Pablo Carreño, en Mallorca, también ha estado Richard Gasquet y entrenar con jugadores del máximo nivel me ayuda a recuperar el ritmo que necesito”, añadió en este sentido.
- Nadal debutará en Abu Dabi con Murray o Monfils (via Marca)
“Estamos entrenando bien. Ya puede sacar con normalidad después de que los médicos nos dijeran que fuésemos con cuidado al inicio”, comenta Toni Nadal. … “El servicio en rápida es fundamental y lo vamos a trabajar buscando más el porcentaje y la colocación que la potencia“, advierte el mentor del tenista manacorí, que tendrá un doble examen antes de Melbourne. En ambos casos le acompañará Francis Roig. El primero es del 1 al 3 de enero en la exhibición de Abu Dabi, que cumplirá su séptima edición.
- 2014 Holiday Gifts For Everyone On My List (via The Slice)
Christmas is coming. Hanukkah is almost here. The holidays are upon us and you know what that means… gifts.
- 2014 By The Numbers: Title Leaders, Winners By Age (via ATP World Tour)
- Go Figure: The 2014 tennis season, by the numbers (via SI.com)
- SI.com’s 2014 #TennisYearOnTwitter
- What happened in 2014? A Wimbledon Quiz – Part 1 (via wimbledon.com)
- 2014 Tennis Fashion Hits and Misses “Nadal’s Nike short shorts and aqua-blue shirt were standouts.” We agree! (via SI.com)
- Rafael Nadal opens KIA dealership in Barcelona
- CNN Open Court: Rafael Nadal
- Rafa Nadal’s new move… (via Babolat)
- Olazabal & Nadal Invitational 2014 golf solidario (via YouTube/Papa Marijuan)
- Rafael Nadal practices in Manacor (via Instagram/Pablo Carreno)
AUDIO: Andy Roddick on the Tennis Podcast: ‘When Rafa beat me on clay in Davis Cup in 2004, I said ‘this guy’s going to win seven French Opens’. My trainer Doug Spreen said: ‘no, he’s gonna win eight.’
VAAAMOOOSSS RAAAFAAA , VAAAAMOOOSSS…VAAAMOOOSSS ….VAAAMOOOSSS …!!!!! We miss u SOOO MUCH. Can’t wait to have u back!!!
Can’t wait to see Rafa bring his A game on court again. Vamos Rafa!
I am SO ready to see Rafa do his incomparable magic!!! VAMOS RAFA!!!
A fully fit Rafa is practically unbeatable-everything with Rafa comes from his heart and that heart he shows to the world Rafa is simply Awesome
2015 will be the year of Rafa again! No doubt about that! I can’t wait so see him back in the court!