… ”I felt empty the whole match. It was very humid, and this was the toughest day of all. I just didn’t feel that great physically, and I’m not talking about the back. I just didn’t feel that great. It was close because he played well, and I didn’t play my best.” Nadal acknowledged his victory was lucky. ”The tiebreak was a lottery. But I played better in the tiebreak than the rest of the match.”
- Nadal Survives Andujar Thriller, Ferrer Upset By Dolgopolov (via ATP)
- Rio de Janeiro: Nadal d. Andujar (via tennis.com)
… “I played one of the best matches of my life,” Andujar said afterward. “Maybe the best. But I had a great one across from me.” … If at first you don’t succeed, try, try, try again—and on that final try, Nadal succeeded. Barely.
- Rafael Nadal Saves 2 MPs In Rio SFs, Says He Didn’t Play Well, But Kept Fighting, Running For Everything (via tennis-x.com)
… “I guess the difference from top players to the others is that we have less bad days. When I don’t play well I keep playing, fighting, running for every ball and looking for chances to win anyway,” said Nadal.
- Nadal se pasea por el alambre (via elpais.com)
… El mallorquín, dolido en la espalda y en una mano, salva dos puntos de partido y once bolas de break para remontar 2-6, 6-3 y 7-6 a Andújar y citarse hoy en la final con Dolgopolov.
- The Rafa match, as it happened: Rafael Nadal saves two match points before defeating Pablo Andujar in semifinals (via sportskeeda.com)
- Rafael Nadal def. Pablo Andujar – Full match, match point, tie breaker, highlights
- Rafael Nadal Press Conference (in spanish): “La pelota es la misma que en todos los torneos, la Head ATP. La bola es mala, pero seguimos jugando con ella. Es algo que tiene que cambiar. No podemos jugar más con ella. No tiene sentido jugar en un circuito profesional con una bola tan mala.” (via marca.com)
PHOTOS: Rafael Nadal reaches the Rio Open final with victory over Pablo Andujar
REMINDER: What time does Rafa play against Alexandr Dolgopolov, and where can you watch? Find out here! // ¿A qué hora juega Rafa? ¿Dónde puedo seguir el partido? Descúbrelo aquí.
Rafa is just amazing, sexy and hot and the best # 1 tennis player and I just adore him. stay healthy and get some rest. love from Toronto
+I agreee with Brigitte – it was a thrilling match and I too was on the edge of my seat. I worry so much about Rafa’s knees and now just as much about his back. I hope so that your back heals at 100 percent Rafa. I hope you can play without serious injury and pain for the rest of your career, and may it be a long one. God Bless you during your match against Dogopolov this day, may you play your best and without pain. Love Marylynn.
Thank you for a thrilling match yesterday. I was on the edge of my seat. The relief on match point was indescribable. Hope your back is OK. Good luck for tonight. Take care. Vamos Rafa.