… After compiling one of the greatest comeback seasons on the ATP World Tour in 2013, World No. 1 Rafael Nadal is a contender to be nominated for the Laureus World Comeback of the Year Award, it was announced Wednesday.
- Will Rafael Nadal’s Influence Protect the Future of Clay Courts? (via bleacherreport.com)
… His game translates well to other surfaces because he is not a traditional clay-court champion who happens to win on other surfaces. He is an all-courts champion who has a lockdown on clay and has usually dominated the other great champions of his time.
- La madre de Nadal: “Rafa es cabezón” (via cope.es)
… “Cuando Rafael decidió que se dedicaría al tenis tuvo el gran problema de la lesión de un pie. Le vi un poco hundido. Lo bueno es que se supera día a día y tiene unas ganas terribles de trabajar”.
- Rafael Nadal rolls in return at Rio (via espn.com)
… “For Rio, for the Brazilian people, for everybody it’s nice because he’s No. 1 in the world,” third-seeded Fabio Fognini said of Nadal. “For the tournament, especially because it’s the first year, I think it will help.”
- Batista Dines With Nadal as IMX Venture Comforts Partner (via bloomberg.com)
… While Batista isn’t involved in the day-to-day operations of IMX, on Feb. 16 he had dinner with Nadal and Adler at Mr. Lam, the Chinese restaurant owned by the entrepreneur in Rio’s Lagoa neighborhood, the IMX CEO said. Nadal’s publicist Benito Perez-Barbadillo confirmed the social encounter, saying the tennis player and his team appreciated the dinner invitation.
- Nadal, Márquez, ‘Purito’, Simeone y Javier Fernández serán premiados en la Gala Nacional de la AEPD en Santander (via eleconomista.es)
- Rafa Nadal Tour by MAPFRE, ¡mucho más que un circuito de tenis! (via fundacionrafanadal.org)