- Nadal likely seeded fifth at Wimbledon with possible blockbuster quarterfinal – via tennis.si.com
Given Nadal’s current form, which has seen him make the final of all nine tournaments he’s played this year and winning seven of them, the All England Club must be crossing their fingers Nadal isn’t in the same quarter as one of the other Big Four members come Friday’s draw release.
- A shot heard around the world – via tennis.com
It may pain fans of Roger Federer’s elegant, classic game, but the enduring image of this particular time in tennis probably will be that of Rafael Nadal, having backpedalled all the way into his backhand corner, striking a vicious inside-out forehand that rockets past his opponent—no matter how far back or out of position Rafa is.
- ATP Race for No. 1 Between Nadal and Djokovic; Wimbledon News — The Friday Five – via tennisgrandstand.com
- Rafael Nadal: French Open legend and the future of poker sponsorship – via calvinayre.com
- Nadal and Murray final just the ticket for Wimbledon – via belfasttelegraph.co.uk
- Novak Djokovic to use his French Open defeat to Rafa Nadal as Wimbledon motivation – via Skysports.com
“It’s not the first (and) it’s not the last loss in my career against this particular player (Nadal). I wanted this title (the French Open) so much, so I am disappointed. That’s it. That’s the way I feel.”
— Christopher Clarey (@christophclarey) June 14, 2013
— Babolat (@babolat) June 9, 2013
When rafa won his first French open, my trainer @dougspreen said w zero doubt, that he thought he’d win 8 FO …. I told him he was crazy.
— andyroddick (@andyroddick) June 10, 2013
— Rafael Nadal Fans (@RafaelNadalFC) June 14, 2013