The Citi Open 2021 draw is out.
In his Washington D.C. debut, Rafael Nadal will face the winner between Jack Sock and Yoshihito Nishioka, with a potential third-round match against Lloyd Harris.
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- 1st round: Bye
- 2nd round: Jack Sock or Yoshihito Nishioka
- 3rd round: Lloyd Harris
- Quarter-final: Cameron Norrie
- Semi-final: Grigor Dimitrov
- Final: Felix Auger-Aliassime, Jannik Sinner or Alex de Minaur
If the men play to seed the quarter-final line up will be:
- (1) Nadal vs. Norrie (7)
- (4) Dimitrov vs. Evans (6)
- (5) Sinner vs. de Minaur (3)
- (8) Opelka vs. Auger-Aliassime (2)
Rafa’s accepted a wild-card entry into the 2021 Citi Open and seeks to earn a career milestone – his 100th ATP Tour title – in Washington D.C. With 88 singles and 11 doubles titles to his iconic name, Rafa’s early Citi Open practice sessions on Saturday and Sunday will be open to fans.
The Citi Open represents the first tournament in Rafa’s run-up to the US Open, which he has won four times (2010, 2013, 2017, 2019). A fifth US Open title in September would elevate Rafa to the top of the list of all-time Grand Slam singles championships, breaking the tie he currently holds with Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic.
GOOD LUCK & VAMOS RAFA!