The draw for the Barcelona Open tournament is out.
World No. 3 Rafael Nadal has a bye in the first round. In the second round, he will play the winner of the match between Frenchman Adrian Mannarino and a qualifier.
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- 1st round: Bye
- 2nd round: Adrian Mannarino
- 3rd round: Cristian Garin
- Quarter-final: David Goffin
- Semi-final: Diego Schwartzman
- Final: Andrey Rublev or Stefanos Tsitsipas
If the men play to seed the quarter-final line up will be:
- Rafael Nadal vs David Goffin
- Diego Schwartzman vs Pablo Carenno Busta
- Roberto Bautista Agust vs Andrey Rublev
- Denis Shapovalov vs Stefanos Tsitsipas
Here’s hoping that our champ will celebrate another championship victory there this year. Rafa has already lifted the Trofeo de Godo 11 times, more than anyone else in tournament history.
Good luck and Vamos Rafa!