The 2021 Australian Open official draw took place on Friday.
Second seed Rafael Nadal will play in the first round against against Laslo Djere of Serbia.
Our champ has reached five Australian Open finals but won just one of them, his least successful of the four Grand Slam tournaments. This year, he could play No. 5 Stefanos Tsitsipas of Greece in the quarterfinals and No. 4 Daniil Medvedev in the semifinals before a possible final with Djokovic.
-  Novak Djokovic v  Alexander Zverev
-  Dominic Thiem v  Diego Schwartzman
-  Daniil Medvedev v  Andrey Rublev
-  Rafael Nadal v  Stefanos Tsitsipas
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- Round 1: Laslo Djere (56)
- Round 2: Michael Mmoh (177)
- Round 3: Dan Evans (33)
- Round 4: Fabio Fognini (17)
- Quarter-final: Stefanos Tsitsipas (6)
- Semi-final: Daniil Medvedev (4)
- Final: Novak Djokovic (1)
Our champ finished as runner-up on four occasions – in 2012 (l. to Djokovic), 2014 (l. to Wawrinka), 2017 (l. to Federer) and 2019 (l. to Djokovic). Should Rafa win this year’s tournament, he will join Rod Laver and Roy Emerson as the only players to have won all four majors at least twice.
The year’s first Grand Slam tournament starts on February 8.
STAY HEALTHY AND VAMOS RAFA!