The 2019 Wimbledon draw is out. Rafael Nadal will face Yuichi Sugita in the first round and could meet Nick Kyrgios in the second round. Marin Cilic is a potential fourth-round opponent. Our champ may then meet Dominic Thiem in the quarter-finals.
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- 1st round: Yuichi Sugita
- 2nd round: Nick Kyrgios
- 3rd round: Denis Shapovalov
- Last 16: Marin Cilic
- Quarter-final: Dominic Thiem
- Semi-final: Roger Federer
- Final: Novak Djokovic
Wimbledon 2019 projected men’s singles quarterfinals:
- Novak Djokovic v Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Kevin Anderson v Alexander Zverev
- Dominic Thiem v Rafael Nadal
- Kei Nishikori v Roger Federer
Rafa is bidding to win Roland Garros and Wimbledon in the same year for the 3rd time and equal Bjorn Borg’s all-time record of 3 back-to-back titles in Paris and London. Borg achieved the feat in 3 consecutive years (1978-80), while our champ won Roland Garros and Wimbledon back-to-back in 2008 and 2010.
Who do you think has the toughest draw? Who has the best chance of reaching the final? Comment below!