The draw for the Barcelona Open tournament is out.
Rafael Nadal will start his title defence by playing the winner of a match between Leonardo Mayer and Marius Copil. He is then projected to face Frenchman Lucas Pouille in the third round before a rematch with Stefanos Tsitsipas in the quarter-final. Dominic Thiem and Alexander Zverev are possible semifinal and final opponents for our champ.
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- 1st round: Bye
- 2nd round: Leonardo Mayer or Marius Copil
- 3rd round: Lucas Pouille
- Quarter-final: Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Semi-final: Dominic Thiem
- Final: Alexander Zverev
- Rafael Nadal vs Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Dominic Thiem vs Karen Khachanov
- Fabio Fognini vs Kei Nishikori
- Daniil Medvedev vs Alexander Zverev
For Rafa this will be his 14th participation at the tournament, where he will play for his 12th title. During Rafa’s 13 appearances in the City of Barcelona, he has compiled a 54-3 record.
Good luck, Rafa! VAMOS!