The Monte Carlo Rolex Masters draw is out, and thus begins the European clay season. Top seed and 11-time champion Rafael Nadal has a bye in the first round and could face either Roberto Bautista Agut or John Millman in the second round.
Rafa could then meet the likes of Grigor Dimitrov, Stan Wawrinka and Denis Shapovalov if he wants to reach the final.
Projected Monte-Carlo quarter-finals:
- Novak Djokovic v Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Dominic Thiem v Karen Khachanov
- Alexander Zverev v Kei Nishikori
- Rafael Nadal v Marin Cilic
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- 1st round: Bye
- 2nd round: Roberto Bautista Agut or John Millman
- 3rd round: Denis Shapovalov
- Quarter-final: Marin Cilic
- Semi-final: Alexander Zverev
- Final: Novak Djokovic or Dominic Thiem
The holder of a record 33 Masters 1000 titles won the first of his 11 titles in the Principlaity in 2005.
This year’s tournament, the first of three clay Masters 1000s, begins Sunday.
GOOD LUCK & VAMOS RAFA!
Source: ATP World Tour