Rafael Nadal will open his French Open campaign against Frenchman Benoit Paire (No. 45) on Monday.
Date: May 29, 2017
Match time: Around 12.30 PM local time / 6.30 AM EDT – New York, Montreal / 11.30 AM BST – United Kingdom / 12.30 PM CET – Spain, France, Germany, Italy / 8.30 PM AEDT – Melbourne. To convert to your local time, use this website.
Rafa on playing Paire:
He is not an opponent you want to play against in the first round. A player with big talent. Great serve, great hands. Fantastic backhand, no? He is a dangerous opponent. Yeah, that’s it. I need to play my best.
Rafa leads Paire 2-0 in their lifetime head-to-head, with both wins coming in straight sets on clay (2013 Madrid, 2013 Barcelona).
|2013||ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Madrid
|Outdoor Clay||R32||Rafael Nadal||
|Outdoor Clay||R16||Rafael Nadal||
Rafa in 2017:
- Titles (3): Monte-Carlo, Barcelona, Madrid
- Finals (3): Australian Open, Acapulco, Miami
- Clay record: 17-1
- Season record: 36-6
- Year starting rank: 9
- Current ranking: 4
- This is Rafa’s 13th successive Roland Garros and his 48th appearance at a major.
- Rafa has a 95-2 win-loss record in best-of-five-set matches on clay. His only defeats came at Roland Garros – in the round of 16 in 2009 (l. Robin Soderling) and the quarterfinals in 2015 (l. Novak Djokovic).
- Rafa is the leading performer in Roland Garros history. He enters the tournament with a 72-2 win-loss record at Roland Garros, ahead of Roger Federer (65-16) and Guillermo Vilas (58-17).
- Rafa is one of only 2 players to have won multiple clay court titles this year along with Alexander Zverev.
- Rafa is bidding to win his 53rd career clay court title at Roland Garros. By winning his 50th clay court title at Monte Carlo-1000, he set an Open Era record for the most career clay court titles ahead of Guillermo Vilas (49).
GOOD LUCK & VAMOS RAFA!