The French Open draw has been made in Paris and Rafael Nadal faces a major test if he is to claim ‘La Decima’. He has been drawn in the same half of the draw as defending champion Novak Djokovic, Milos Raonic and Dominic Thiem.
Rafa will meet Benoit Paire in the first round as he looks to add to his incredible 72-2 record at the clay-court Grand Slam championship, where he has clinched the 2005-08, 2010-14 crowns.
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- 1st round: Beniot Paire
- 2nd round: Viktor Troicki
- 3rd round: Gilles Simon
- 4th round: Jack Sock
- Quarter-final: Milos Raonic
- Semi-final: Novak Djokovic or Dominic Thiem
- Final: Andy Murray or Stan Wawrinka
Potential French Open 2017 quarter-final draw (if top seeds win through):
- Andy Murray v Kei Nishikori
- Stanislas Wawrinka v Marin Cilic
- Milos Raonic v Rafael Nadal
- Dominic Thiem v Novak Djokovic
GOOD LUCK & VAMOS RAFA!
Source: ATP World Tour