The Monte Carlo Rolex Masters draw is out, and thus begins the European clay season.
Defending champion Rafael Nadal has a bye in the first round, and will face the winner of the match between two Brits – Kyle Edmund and Daniel Evans.
Our champ could face Alexander Zverev in the third round, prior to a quarter-final against Grigor Dimitrov.
Rafa’s potential Monte Carlo route:
- 1st round: Bye
- 2nd round: Edmund or Evans
- 3rd round: Alexander Zverev
- Quarter-final: Grigor Dimitrov
- Semi-final: Novak Djokovic
- Final: Andy Murray
- Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic
- Stan Wawrinka vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
- Grigor Dimitrov vs Rafael Nadal
- Dominic Thiem vs Novak Djokovic
Rafa has won 28 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles, second only to Djokovic, who has a record 30 pieces of Masters 1000 silverware. Rafa, who beat Gael Monfils in the 2016 final, won a record 46 straight matches at the prestigious tournament from 2005 to 2013 and is 58-4 overall. (via ATP)
GOOD LUCK & VAMOS RAFA!