The 2017 Australian Open draw has been revealed on Friday morning in Melbourne.
Rafael Nadal will play German Florian Mayer in the first round.
Our champ, seeded ninth, was also drawn in the same half as Austria’s Dominic Thiem and Serbia’s Novak Djokovic. He could meet either player in the semi-finals.
- Andy Murray vs Kei Nishikori
- Stan Wawrinka vs Marin Cilic
- Milos Raonic vs Rafael Nadal
- Novak Djokovic vs Dominic Thiem
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- 1st round: Florian Mayer
- 2nd round: Marcos Baghdatis or Mikhail Youzhny
- 3rd round: Alexander Zverev
- Last 16: Gael Monfils
- Quarter-final: Milos Raonic
- Semi-final: Novak Djokovic
- Final: Andy Murray
Rafa is bidding to clinch a 15th grand slam title of his career and his second in Melbourne.
All the best of luck in the world to you, Rafa! VAMOS!