The draw for the men’s side of the China Open was held today.
Rafael Nadal is the 2nd seed and landed in the bottom half of the draw in Milos Raonic’s half. His first opponent will be Paolo Lorenzi from Italy.
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- 1st round: Paolo Lorenzi
- 2nd round: Albert Ramos-Vinolas
- Quarter-final: Lucas Pouille
- Semi-final: Milos Raonic
- Final: Andy Murray
- Andy Murray vs Roberto Bautista Agut
- Dominic Thiem vs David Ferrer
- Richard Gasquet vs Milos Raonic
- Lucas Pouille vs Rafael Nadal
Rafa won this hard-court tournament, part of the ATP Tour’s late-season Asian swing, as a teenager in 2005 and reached the final in 2013 and 2015.
World No. 1 Novak Djokovic has been forced to withdraw from China Open due to an elbow injury.
China Open tennis is live from Beijing from 3-9 October.
GOOD LUCK & VAMOS RAFA!