- Improvement Still Foremost On Rafa’s Mind (via ATP World Tour)
“I’m going to fight. I’m going to do [it] my way,” said the 29-year-old. “When I was No. 2 and Roger was No. 1, it was not my obsession to catch Roger [Federer]. My obsession was to improve my game and do it my way. For me, it’s the same thing today. My motivation is to keep going, and I have been doing that already. I know if I am playing well again, then I can fight. If I can fight, I can compete well [many] times in a row against the best players. So I think I’m going to be good competitor again if I recover my level.”
- Star-studded line-up launch Australian Open in Shanghai and Melbourne (via Australian Open)
Speaking at the official launch event in Shanghai, 2009 Australian Open champion Rafael Nadal – in fine form after reaching the final of the China Open in Beijing – is excited about the first Grand Slam of 2016.
“Every year I look forward to play in Melbourne, I have great memories of not only winning the title but each year is a great experience for me as a player,” Nadal said.
“It’s fantastic to play at the ‘Happy Slam’ and for us, it’s true – we love to play the Australian Open and we’re always happy to be there. It’s exciting to launch the event here in Shanghai. Tennis has become so popular in Asia and it’s great to share our sport of tennis with all our fans.”
- Rafael Nadal Exits Team SportStars; Focus on Neymar Jr. And Ronaldo (via pokernews.com)
As confirmed by a PokerStars representative, now that Nadal is no longer part of the SportStars Team, the poker room plans to shift its marketing initiatives from tennis to football and make the most of the two biggest stars in the team: Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar Jr..
“Our strategy and work with Rafa has led our strategy to evolve, and consequently, our current focus in on working with Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar Jr.”
PHOTOS: Rafael Nadal and Rod Laver launch Australian Open 2016 in Shanghai
- Nadal Feeling Positive In Shanghai
- Monte Carlo tournament director Zeljko Franulovic: “Nadal is gonna be fine if healthy” (via ubitennis)
- Emirates ATP Race To London 13 October 2015 (via ATP World Tour)
- Passionate Fans Delight Players In Beijing (via ATP World Tour)