- Why the Federer v Nadal reunion will be worth the wait (via Wimbledon)
This is the tennis world we live in at the moment. Waiting for a Nadal-Federer reunion feels roughly the way it felt waiting for the Beatles to get back together in the mid-70s. …
… Perhaps this is a sign that, unlike the Beatles, we will have our Federer-Nadal reunion someday. As each of them has proven over the last two years, auras can go, but they can come back just as quickly. The magical aura surrounding their rivalry will always be there, waiting for them to walk onto a court together again.
- Nadal Falls To Lopez In Spanish Duel (via ATP World Tour)
“It means a lot when you beat such a good player like him,” Lopez said. “It’s not a normal match. It’s something different and the atmosphere there when you play against Rafa, it’s always something special … I think he’s playing better, getting better and better. He played good today. I mean I was playing really my best today. Doesn’t matter the way he played because I was playing so good today.”
- Dealing With the Atmosphere (via tennis.com)
At Wimbledon this year, Dustin Brown knew he could beat Nadal because he had seen three other guys—Lukas Rosol, Steve Darcis, Nick Kyrgios—do it by throwing caution to the wind on Centre Court. In Montreal, Nishikori knew he could beat Nadal by playing a slightly elevated and riskier version of his normal game, because he was so close to doing it in Madrid last year before he hurt himself. And Feli knew he could beat his friend Rafa because he had done it last fall. As with the law, precedent is everything in tennis.
- Nadal Downs Chardy In Late Night Action (via ATP World Tour)
“[In Montreal last week], in the quarter-finals, I didn’t compete as well as I wanted to,” said Nadal, who was eliminated in straight sets by Kei Nishikori in Canada. “But I am working hard, I had a positive start against [Chardy], a good opponent who won big matches last week and yesterday. Being through is great news for me, and I expect another tough match tomorrow.”
- 17 crazy stats showing that 30 is the new 20 in tennis (via USA Today)
- Rafael Nadal loses to Feliciano Lopez in Cincinnati
- Rafael Nadal First Look for Tommy Hilfiger Underwear Campaign
- Rafael Nadal marches into round three of Cincinnati Open
- Cincinnati – Thursday Highlights (via TennisTV)
- Ballboy interrupts Nadal match to viciously murder giant bug (via SB Nation)
- Cincinnati – Wednesday Highlights (via TennisTV)