- Nadal Ready To Roll In Cincy (via ATP World Tour)
“I have been playing a bit better but every week is a different story … and I know that the work when you are coming from a bad moment, the work is triple. It’s much more mental and tennis work than when you’re in a normal situation or in a good dynamic. So that’s what I’m accepting and doing to try to change the dynamic and to try to feel more confident and comfortable on court.”
- Reshuffling the Deck (via tennis.com)
This year, Federer could face a more serious obstacle than normal in his quarters. Rafael Nadal is the second seed in this section; he beat a struggling Federer here two years ago, but this season their fortunes have largely been reversed. Now it’s Rafa, instead of Roger, who is fielding questions about his form and his future.
- What Rafael Nadal must do to win the U.S. Open: Listen to Birdman (via The Oregonian)
Hit that bolo-punch forehand. Then do it again. And again. And again. Thirty is the new 22, Rafa. Just ask Federer. Ask Stan Wawrinka. Novak Djokovic is the World No 1? Nole? You used to own that guy, and you can own him again. Time for the comeback. Time to make the Flushing Meadows crowd jump, laugh and smell up their pants again. You are larger than life, man.
- Federer Takes Down Bautista Agut in Cincy Opener (via Tennis Now)
When asked about the possible reunion with his longtime rival in press, the Swiss acknowledged that it has been a while. “Sometimes they come in bunches and sometimes it doesn’t happen for a while,” he said. “You don’t know why. Clearly Rafa has also not played much last year. He was injured, he had the appendix, and then next thing you know I didn’t have a good ’13 so I wasn’t getting very deep into tournaments then when he was playing great. We kind of missed each other because we were still highly ranked; we were far away in the draw.”
He added: “But of course it would be nice to play again. There is no doubt.”
- Rafael Nadal practicing in Cincinnati (Monday, August 17)
- Rafael Nadal Pre-Cincinnati Press Conference
- Babolat Pure Aero The Spin Machine – Rafael Nadal’s new racket for 2016? (via Babolat)
- Montreal 2015 Hot Shot Countdown (via ATP World Tour)
- Emirates ATP Rankings Update 17 August 2015 (via ATP World Tour)
- Rafa Meets Fans In Cincinnati