In Sunday’s final, Rafael Nadal will face No.8 seed Fabio Fognini of Italy. Rafa has played the 28-year-old six times times before and leads the series 4-2.
Date: August 2, 2015
Time: 12 noon BST – United Kingdom / 1pm CEST – Spain, France, Germany, Italy / 7am EDT – New York, Montreal / 9pm AEST – Melbourne. To convert to your local time, use this website.
- Rafa has a 15-2 record in Hamburg.
- Appearing in his 96th career ATP World Tour final (66-29 record) and 55th on clay (46-8 mark).
- Trying to win an ATP World Tour European clay title for 12th straight year (since 2004).
- He has lost six times on clay this year – which equals his most clay losses in a season since 2003. He has lost just 30 matches on clay at Tour-level in his career overall.
- Fognini is attempting to become the third player to defeat Rafa three times or more on clay. Novak Djokovic (6-14 vs Nadal life-time on clay) and Gaston Gaudio (3-3 vs Nadal life-time on clay). The only players to beat Rafa twice on clay in a season are Djokovic 2011 & ’15 and Fognini 2015.
- With his clay court title in Buenos Aires in February, Nadal has won 46 career clay court titles, which is second-most in the Open Era (since 1968). Guillermo Villas notched 49 clay court titles in a career haul of 62 titles.
Rafa will play against Fabio for the third time this season. The Italian beat our champ in Rio de Janeiro and Barcelona.
Here are all the matches they have played against each other:
|Año||Torneo & Ciudad||Superficie||Ronda||Ganador & Marcador|
6-4, 7-6(6) Estadísticas
|2015||Rio de Janeiro
1-6, 6-2, 7-5 Estadísticas
|2014||ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Miami
6-2, 6-2 Estadísticas
2-6, 6-4, 6-1 Estadísticas
7-6(5), 6-4, 6-4 Estadísticas
|2013||ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Rome
6-1, 6-3 Estadísticas
GOOD LUCK & VAMOS RAFA!