- Nadal Wins Rio Opener; Golden Swing King Ferrer Advances (via ATP World Tour)
“I think I played well,” said Nadal. “Keeping in mind that it was a long time since I last played on clay. I played not looking to complicate things, because I knew it was not the day to do so. I tried not to make big mistakes.”
- Defending champion Nadal ousts Bellucci in straight sets (via Rio Open)
“All victories are good, they allow me to keep competing. You feel you’re getting better as you spend more time on the court, getting back that rhythm and the trust you need. It’s been a while since my last match on clay, so I had to try not to complicate things”, said Nadal.
- Nadal Sambas In Rio, Bryan Brothers Battle In Beach Olympics (via ATP World Tour)
Rafael Nadal met up with ESPN College Football analyst and former New York Giants quarterback Jesse Palmer.
- Roger Federer won’t catch Rafael Nadal, but battle for Masters record will grab our attention anyway (via oregonlive.com)
More likely, Federer simply recognizes that all-time Masters glory is beyond his reach. There’s a decent chance he’ll get to 27, the current record, but by then Nadal probably will have moved his total past 30. But even if Federer isn’t going to make a run at the record, Nadal still has good cause to worry about holding onto it. Novak Djokovic has been adding Masters titles at a blistering pace since his breakout year in 2011.
Federer has a lousy head-to-head against Nadal, but he’s won more Slams, more titles and is more well-rounded on surfaces. Djokovic acquits himself well against Nadal, but has half as many Slams as Nadal does and lacks the Career Slam.
- Rafael Nadal Makes Winning Start In Rio de Janeiro
- Rafael Nadal practices in Rio (via breakpointbr.com.br)
- Nadal gaining confidence in Rio – Rafael Nadal believes he is slowly returning to his best following his 6-4 6-1 victory over home favourite Thomaz Bellucci in the first round of the Rio Open (via Eurosport)
- Watch Rafael Nadal’s Hot Shot Against Thomaz Bellucci
- Amazing Rafael Nadal defensive play at 2015 ATP Rio Open vs Thomaz Bellucci (via TennisTV)
- Copa Claro Promo