- Rafael Nadal’s return could coincide with Mubadala World Tennis Championship (via The National)
The abrupt end to Rafael Nadal’s season is disappointing for fans who hoped to see him play in the Paribas Masters this week and in London two weeks hence, at the ATP World Tour Finals. But the Spaniard’s determination to address two physical issues in the coming weeks probably is good news for those who hope to watch him compete early next year – at the Australian Open, beginning January 19, and at the Mubadala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi, which begins January 1. … If Nadal’s plans proceed as planned, Abu Dhabi likely will mark his return to competitive tennis, which could attract more global attention to the seventh edition of the tournament.
- Last chance to win session with Nadal, Murray and Djokovic at MWTC (via sport360.com)
“The opportunity to compete amongst the top amateur players in the UAE, and then to be part of a clinic with the likes of Nadal or Djokovic is a once in a lifetime chance for any player,” said Cash.
- Federer on Nadal’s loss: “That was not the Rafa we know” (via tennis.com)
“That Rafa loses against Coric, no one could have expected. I was surprised,” said Federer. “He should not be defeated by someone I have ever seen play.” “But that was not the Rafa we know,” noted Federer. … “I do not understand it completely, because I would never do it that way,” said Federer. “That he played in Shanghai with antibiotics and pain, then also played here and now ends the season because he needs an operation. But only he knows how he feels.”
- David Ferrer: Rafael Nadal is one of my closest friends and I love watching Lionel Messi play (via Daily Mail)
Well, the truth is that I have some great peers on tour, such as Marc Lopez, Rafa Nadal, Feliciano Lopez, Pablo Andujar, Roberto Bautista Agut. They are all great peers but I don’t have a favourite one because I get along with all of them, but I would say that they are my closest friends on tour.
“Me alegra mucho poder anunciar que estaré en Argentina en febrero para jugar el torneo de Buenos Aires. Me encanta jugar en Latinoamérica porque allí estamos como en casa. Hace tiempo que tenía el compromiso con el torneo de jugar y tras anular mi participación esta temporada en el último momento por problemas estomacales, tengo muchas ganas de ir en 2015.”
- Rafa Nadal y Blanca Suárez, en el calendario de Apneef (via diariodeibiza.es)
«Vino sólo para esto. Cogió el avión justo al acabar la sesión», explicó una emocionada Pau durante la presentación del calendario de 2015.
- Nadal se trata de las rodillas en Vitoria (via Marca)
El balear ha aprovechado la semana antes de la operación de apéndice para tratarse de las rodillas en la clínica la Esperanza de Vitoria a manos de Mikel Sánchez.
- Cosentino colaborará en la construcción de la academia de Rafa Nadal (via Europa Press)
AUDIO: Interview with Toni Nadal – in Spanish (via cope.es)