- Rafael Nadal now plays for the ages: 2014 Australian Open (via oregonlive.com)
… There have been a lot of “Baby Federers” over the past 10 years; Dimitrov is but the latest. This is because Federer’s game is classically beautiful, a combination of old-school values and modern-power necessity. But there have been no “Baby Nadals.”
- Mark Philippoussis picks Rafael Nadal to win 2014 Australian Open but doesn’t dismiss Novak Djokovic (via al.com)
… “Honestly, it would be coin toss to be honest with you. It’s tough to say. If anything, I’d give it 55 to 45 in Nadal’s favor. Maybe 48-52. Fifty-two percent Nadal. Or 51-49.”
- Rafael Nadal vs Bernard Tomic Preview – Australian Open 2014 (via stevegtennis)
… Nadal is well aware of the task at hand, as this is not the first time he meets the budding Australian talent at a Grand Slam. While their last meeting ended in a straight sets victory for Nadal, he believes this time will likely be a tougher match.
… The 27-year-old Spaniard is making his ninth appearance at the tournament (35-7 record), capturing the title in 2009 (d. Federer in five sets). This is the third time he’s come in as the No. 1 seed (’09, ’11-QF). He has advanced to the quarter-finals or better in his last six visits.
- Tennis Expert Picks – Australian Open (via ESPN)
… Can Rafa possibly keep up his momentum of 2013, when he was the only man to win two majors? Or is Novak Djokovic, fueled by Nadal’s theft of his No. 1 ranking, going to win his fourth Australian Open in a row and fifth in seven years?
- En la mente de Nadal (via El Pais)
… Es el competidor definitivo. Un hombre capaz de pasar de las tinieblas de una lesión a la luz de los focos que acompañan al trono del tenis. Rafael Nadal, campeón de 13 títulos de Grand Slam es el tenista que ha domado la tierra, el cemento y la hierba. Antes del comienzo del Abierto de Australia, el número uno del mundo acepta un desafío: explicar qué hay dentro de esa cabeza que domina, quema y asfixia a sus rivales en la pista de tenis y en la mesa de póquer, su nuevo reto.
- Why Rafael Nadal is already so angry in Melbourne (via Eurosport)
… “At the beginning of the year, I respect everybody, I put all these players on the same level. Then, at mid-season, we will have a better idea of who could be the most dangerous rivals.”
- Guess who’s leading the Australian Open Social leader board? Rafa, of course! 🙂
- Reflections: Australian Open Day 1 (via The Slice)
- Rafael Nadal practices with Baby Federer in Melbourne
- Rafael Nadal at the Australian Open 2014 IMG Players Party
- Australian Open 2014: Rafael Nadal’s Shirtless Tennis Practice In Melbourne
- Australian Open 2014: Pics from Rafa’s Practice Session on Day 1 (via GrandSlamGal)
- Sometimes you see things that are just worth filming. Rafa Nadal getting his guns out on the practice court is one of those things. Enjoy! Rafa Nadal topless – 2014 Australian Open
- Kids’ Day best bits – 2014 Australian Open
- The IMG Australian Open Players Party – 2014 Australian Open
- AO 2014: the beginning – 2014 Australian Open
- Rafael Nadal Pre-Tournament Interview for Eurosport at Australian Open 2014
- Kendall meets Nadal
ICYMI: What time is Rafael Nadal playing? Where can you watch the match? Find out all the details here.