- Nadal to keep it simple in quest for 2014 success (via sport360.com)
… “So in my opinion it’s more about the player than the coach. In my case, I never needed a former champion to be my coach. What I’m saying is that there are different ways to have the right coach.”
- A funny thing happened on the way through the draw… (via andytayloronline.com)
… The next selection determined who would play Rafael Nadal in the first round, and Ernests Gulbis was given the honor of selecting a chip from the bowl. He pulled Lukas Rosol’s name…who just happened to be seated two chairs away. (Too funny). Ernests offered a fist-bump, which was of course pushed away and completely denied by the Czeck. That said, most are aware that Rosol was the man who defeated Nadal during first-round play at Wimbledon in 2012; Rafa’s last match before 9-months of knee rehab, followed by a wildly successful 2013.
- Frustration for Tsonga after defeat to Nadal in Abu Dhabi Read (via thenational.ae)
… “I think I played better than him in the first set,” Tsonga said. “I had a couple of break points and he didn’t have too many opportunities to make points on my serve. The tie-break was very close, but he got it and then he just played better than me after that. What can I say? It was close but still I didn’t win.”
… Both in Madrid and in Paris I lost against the best clay court player of all times, Rafael Nadal. He’s such a tough opponent, he doesn’t give away a single point. I’m very happy with my clay court season and my consistent results.
- Murray To Make Doha Comeback; Nadal Doubles Up (via ATP)
- Corona Atp Weekly Slice: 2014 Season Begins, Federer Reveals Big News (via ATP)
- Take your 2013 tennis quiz (via ESPN)
- My New Year’s tennis resolutions (via SI.com)
- Rafael Nadal reveals the one thing he’d change in tennis: World No1 Rafael Nadal has a novel idea for improving tennis.
- Abu Dhabi: Rafael Nadal vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga – highlights!
- Is Roger Federer a spent force? Nadal, Ferrer & tennis fans have their say