- Rafael Nadal: An emotional year for me (via gulfnews.com)
… “I don’t have to convince nobody, that’s the real thing. I accept the critics, I accept the positive things people say about me. You are in the world of tennis and at times, you can have poor days. However, the only thing that I can do is practice as hard as I can. I always look to keep improving whether in practice or in tournament… “It depends on his [Roger Federer] motivation also as he is 32, I think. I understand when you are little bit older then you have to analyse the calender and play for the right tournament.
- Ferrer to face Nadal in Abu Dhabi, Tsonga gets shot at Djokovic (via tenngrand.com)
… Ferrer kicked off the 2013 Mubadala World Tennis Championship on Thursday by defeating Stanislas Wawrinka 7-5, 6-1 in exactly one hour. The win set up an all-Spanish quarterfinal clash between Ferrer and Nadal. The friendly foes have faced each other on 26 previous occasions, including six times last season and twice in a two-week span during the fall swing.
- Djokovic (14), Nadal (11) and Ferrer (7) serve most bagels in 2013 (via barcelonaopenbancsabadell.com)
… Rafael Nadal served only three bagels less than his Serbian rival, dominating his opponents 11 times. The Spanish World No. 1 is followed by David Ferrer, who dished out seven 6-0 sets (only to non-Spanish players), Roger Federer and Nicolas Almagro, with five, as well as Tomas Berdych, Jarkko Nieminen and Tommy Robredo with four bagels.
- Rafael Nadal: “Ya sé que mi físico no me permite hacer locuras” (via tennis.as.com)
- Quirks and all, Rafael Nadal is again atop his game (via The National)
Perhaps Nadal is an artiste who is merely expressing himself, both eccentrically and successfully, through a different prism. After all, Pablo Picasso, who often avoided straight lines, was a Spaniard, too.
- Toni Nadal, Patrick Mouratoglou win Coach of Year polls (via tennisreporters.net)
- Rafael Nadal and Serena Williams raise the bar sky high (via gmanetwork.com)
- Despedimos el 2013 con satisfacción y la mirada puesta en el futuro (via fundacionrafanadal.org)
- Christmas Roundtable: Predicting the ATP Season in 2014 (via tennisviewmag.com)
- Roundtable: Looking ahead to the major storylines of tennis in 2014 (vi SI.com)
- Hackett London Helps Style Rafael Nadal (via sport.co.uk)
- World number one Rafael Nadal says he doesn’t feel he has teh upper hand in his rivalry with world number two Novak Djokovic. Djokovic rivalry is even – Nadal
- Rincón técnico: Las expectativas de los mejores para 2014 (via ESPN)
- 2014 Babolat photo shoot: Behind The Scenes
- Le Retour de Rafa: Rafael Nadal trailer for the Australian Open 2014 on Eurosport France
- Spot publicitaire Open d’Australie 2014 Nadal / Djokovic / Serena Williams sur Eurosport
- My Special Day – Chelsea FC – Superfan Oran Tully gets a surprise from his Chelsea heroes in Christmas edition of My Special Day! (Rafa shows up around 10:27)