“I don’t own this title. It was something that I was thrilled to have been able to accomplish it. I think, yes, it could be done [again],” Laver said. “When I look at the way [Rafael] Nadal plays on grass, clay and hard courts, especially this year, he’s obviously one that can win it. The only reason why Federer didn’t win a Grand Slam was because of Nadal on clay.”
- Rafael Nadal’s Return to No. 1 Brings Added Element to Novak Djokovic Rivalry (via bleacherreport.com)
… Nadal’s return is great for the sport of tennis. With 13 Grand Slam singles titles, he’s already cemented himself as one of the best of all time, but more than that, his ascension means we still get to watch the rivalry between him and Djokovic.
- Carlos Moya named Spain’s new Davis Cup captain (via laprensasa.com)
… “No doubt Rafa is a great friend of mine and we’ll have to talk some day. Now he’s focused on being No. 1 and it should be his priority being in a Masters 1000,” Moya said, referring to this week’s Shanghai Masters event.
“Nadal is a great professional who always has wanted to play Davis Cup except when he was injured. With his fighting spirit, he’s a perfect fit for Davis Cup. He’s always given us an edge and it won’t be any different this time around,” the new skipper said.
- Rafael Nadal gets career win number 650 (via YouTube)
- Rafael Nadal vs Carlos Berlocq – Highlights (via YouTube)
- Full Match – Nadal vs Berlocq (via YouTube)
- Carlos Berlocq, deep behind the baseline, is scrambling to stay in the rally but comes up with Thursday’s Hot Shot against Rafael Nadal at the Shanghai Rolex Masters. (via YouTube)
PHOTOS: Rafael Nadal defeats Carlos Berlocq in third round at Shanghai
ALL THE RAFANS ARE BEHIND U!!!
VAAAMOOOSSS CAMPEOOONNN! U are getting closer & closer – ALL the Afgana are behind u!!!
I love Carlos Moya – great tennis player and a smart one too. Will be a good Davis Cup captain.