The 2022 Wimbledon draw has been revealed on Friday morning in London.
Rafael Nadal will begin his campaign for a 23rd Grand Slam title against Francisco Cerundolo and has Sam Querrey and Lorenzo Sonego as potential opponents before a projected fourth-round meeting with Marin Cilic.
Defending champion Novak Djokovic is in the other half of the draw, as well as Carlos Alcaraz, Casper Ruud, Hubert Hurkaz… and Rafa can’t meet them before the finals.
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- 1st round: Francisco Cerundolo
- 2nd round: Sam Querrey
- 3rd round: Lorenzo Sonego
- 4th round: Marin Cilic
- Quarter-final: Felix Auger-Aliassime
- Semi-final: Matteo Berrettini or Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Final: Novak Djokovic
Wimbledon 2022 projected men’s singles quarterfinals:
- Novak Djokovic vs Carlos Alcaraz
- Casper Ruud vs Hubert Hurkacz
- Matteo Berrettini vs Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Rafael Nadal
Our champ has not played at Wimbledon since 2019 having missed last year’s tournament to give his body time to rest following the French Open. The 2020 event was cancelled because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Who do you think has the toughest draw? Who has the best chance of reaching the final? Comment below!
GOOD LUCK & VAMOS RAFA!