Singles draw has been made for the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event in Toronto, the fifth Masters tournament of the year (August 9-15).
Rafael Nadal, the two-time defending champion whose foot injury appeared to be bothering him this week at a tournament in Washington, is second seed in Canada and will open his campaign against the winner of the match between Lloyd Harris and a qualifier.
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- 1st round: bye
- 2nd round: Llyod Harris
- 3rd round: Grigor Dimitrov
- Quarter-final: Diego Schwartzman
- Semi-final: Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Final: Danill Medvedev
If the men play to seed the quarter-final line up will be:
- Danill Medvedev vs Hubert Hurkacz
- Andrey Rublev vs Denis Shapovalov
- Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Matteo Berettini
- Casper Ruud vs Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Diego Schwartzman vs Rafael Nadal
In the Open Era, Ivan Lendl is the most successful male player, with six titles to his name. Rafa, a five-time champion, could equal that record by winning the 2021 title.
GOOD LUCK & VAMOS RAFA!