Rafael Nadal will make his comeback from a knee injury at the Paris Masters next week. The world No. 1, who needs to match Novak Djokovic’s result this week to stay top of the rankings, will play the winner of the match between Fernando Verdasco and Jeremy Chardy in the second round.
Rafa is playing for the first time since suffering a knee injury at the US Open and he could meet Jack Sock in the third round before a clash with Dominic Thiem in the last eight.
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- 1st round: Bye
- 2nd round: Fernando Verdasco or Jeremy Chardy
- 3rd round: Jack Sock
- Quarter-final: Dominic Thiem or Borna Coric
- Semi-final: Alexander Zverev
- Final: Novak Djokovic or Roger Federer
- Rafael Nadal vs Dominic Thiem
- Alexander Zverev vs John Isner
- Kevin Anderson vs Roger Federer
- Novak Djokovic vs Marin Cilic
Our champ has never won the tournament in the French capital, but will be hoping to build some momentum ahead of next month’s ATP Finals in London.