It’s so hot in New York City, Rafael Nadal is wearing ice vest

On Monday, Rafael Nadal wore a new Nike cooling vest during practice at Flushing Meadows. The vest is designed to reduce stress on the body caused by high heat and humidity.



Anything that can help with this heat is a benefit. We typically use wet towels to stay cool, but this vest gives me relief in all the places I need it. Every area of the vest was designed with players in mind.

The prototype was born in the Nike Sport Research Lab through tests on the relationship between body temperature and athlete performance. Nike researchers found that roughly 25 percent of energy used during exercise goes toward moving muscle, and the remaining 75 percent becomes heat that increases body temperature. This can hinder athletic performance, both physically and in an athlete’s mind.

Source: Nike


  1. Would love to have this vest for my 7 year old
    Son. He has a genetic disorder called Hypohidriotic Ectodermal Dysplasia. Basically he cannot sweat. He loves to play baseball and dreams to play one day in the major leagues. This vest could be a game changer for him. Hoping to see this vest come out of the lab and be available to everyone.

  2. Dear Rafa,
    I’m disappointed you had to play many of your matches during the afternoon over the fortnight of US Open.
    I’m wishing you rest, relaxation, recovery over the last few months of 2018…however, I‘ll be waiting for your return even better in 2019…CAN’T WAIT !!

  3. I want one of those vests! They are cool as hell lol!!!! I hope the final is a hot ass mother F in day so Rafa can wear his Nike best and stay cool while Chokovic chokes from the heat when There is no relief for him because his alligator brand doesn’t help him out lol!!!

  4. I stopped watching at 3-3 in the tiebreaker. Just took a glance and saw Rafa hitting balls in the crowd. This relief I tell you, I don’t even know the scoreline.
    Vamos Rafa . There will never be another one like you

  5. PRECIOUS GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) CONGRATULATIONS SWEETHEART ON YOUR FANTASTIC BEAUTIFUL AND DECISIVE VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) HE IS 25……AND YET YOU HAVE SUCH A BLESSED ENERGY SWEETHEART LIKE NO OTHER PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) YOU WIN BECAUSE YOU EARN IT FAIR AND SQUARE GIVING IT ALL IN EACH POINT…EACH RETURN…..EACH SERVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) YOU ARE A VERY SPECIAL AND WE ARE THRILLED FOR YOU…..VERY HAPPY FOR YOU DEAR RAFA AND ENJOY IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) HAVE A BEAUTIFUL EVENING AND A NICE CELEBRATION WITH YOUR LOVED ONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) WE LOVE YOU SWEETHEART AN CONGRATULATIONS ON A BRILLIANT EXCITING MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) GO RAFA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) HAVE A NICE NIGHT AND A BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) SENDING LOTS OF LOVE & HAPPINESS & VAMOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) VAMOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) VAMOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) GOOD NIGHT & SWEET DREAMS SWEETHEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

  6. Its a shame that rafa is meeting delpo next time as i truly like him but not when he’s against rafa. Rafa should rest up as it will be a tough match. Sad for dominic as he is a nice guy but he is getting closer and closer and will win a grand slam one day. So happythat rafa got through.

  7. YAAY!!!! OH MY GOD!! I’ve never been so on edge!

    Congratulations to Thiem. Period! That’s all I can say. Our champ won… but Thiem’s brilliance is what has kept me up all night.

    Just well done to Thiem. What a match!

    Rest up Rafa. Please get some rest. Go sleep in a freezer. WOW!

    Our champ has done it again!

Leave a Reply