The draw for the Barcelona tournament is out.
Top-seeded and ten-time champion Rafael Nadal will start his title defence by playing the winner of a match between countryman Roberto Carballes Baena and Andreas Haider-Maurer.
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- 1st round: Bye
- 2nd round: Roberto Carballes Baena or Andreas Haider-Maurer
- 3rd round: Kei Nishikori
- Quarter-final: Novak Djokovic
- Semi-final: David Goffin
- Final: Grigor Dimitrov
- Rafael Nadal vs Novak Djokovic
- David Goffin vs Roberto Bautista Agut
- Diego Schwartzman vs Dominic Thiem
- Pablo Carreno Busta vs Grigor Dimitrov
For Rafa this will be his 14th participation at the tournament, where he will play for his 11th title. During Rafa’s 13 appearances in the City of Barcelona, he has compiled a 53-3 record.
The action at the Barcelona Open, an ATP 500 event, begins on Monday.