Rafael Nadal and Pablo Carreno Busta will be facing each other for the fourth time in their careers when they meet in the quarterfinals of the French Open on Wednesday.
Date: June 7, 2017
Match time: 11 AM local time / 5 AM EDT – New York, Montreal / 10 AM BST – United Kingdom / 11 AM CET – Spain, France, Germany, Italy / 7 PM AEDT – Melbourne. To convert to your local time, use this website.
Rafa has the edge over the friend and fellow countryman Pablo, with a 3-0 head-to-head record.
|2016||Rio de Janeiro
|Outdoor Clay||R32||Rafael Nadal||
|Outdoor Hard||R32||Rafael Nadal||
675 63 61
|2015||Rio de Janeiro
|Outdoor Clay||R16||Rafael Nadal||
Pablo on playing Rafa:
It is really difficult, because Rafa is maybe the best player on this surface in history, and he’s playing really well. But I will try. I’m playing well, with a lot of confidence.
- Rafa is bidding to become the first man in the Open Era to reach 10 semifinals in Paris
- If he defeats Carreno Busta, Rafa will become just the 5th man in the Open
Era to reach 10 semifinals at a single Grand Slam event
- By reaching the quarterfinals, Rafa and Carreno Busta have guaranteed Spanish representation in the semifinals here for the first time since 2014 when Rafa went on to win his 9th Roland Garros title.
- Rafa has a 13-0 win-loss record against his fellow Spanish players at Roland Garros and a 20-3 win-loss record against Spaniards at the Grand Slams overall. His only defeats to Spanish players at the majors came
against David Ferrer at both the 2007 US Open and the 2011 Australian Open, and Fernando Verdasco at the 2016 Australian Open.
- Rafa is looking to record his 22nd clay court match-win of the season, while Carreno Busta is aiming for his 21st.
- Rafa has not lost a clay court match to a player ranked as low as No. 21 today’s opponent since falling No. 45 Pablo Cuevas in the semifinals at 2016 Rio de Janeiro.
- Rafa and Carreno Busta won a doubles title together at 2016 Beijing, defeating Jack Sock/Bernard Tomic in the final.
GOOD LUCK & VAMOS RAFA!