The Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell 2016 draw is out.
World No. 5 Rafael Nadal has a bye in the first round. In the second round, he will play the winner of the match between fellow Spaniards Marcel Granollers and Daniel Munoz de la Nava.
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- 1st round: Bye
- 2nd round: Marcel Granollers or Daniel Munoz de la Nava
- 3rd round: Joao Sousa
- Quarter-final: Victor Troicki
- Semi-final: David Ferrer
- Final: Kei Nishikori
- Rafael Nadal vs Viktor Troicki
- David Ferrer vs Feliciano Lopez
- Benoit Paire vs Richard Gasquet
- Roberto Bautista Agut vs Kei Nishikori
Main draw play begins on Monday. Kei Nishikori is the current defending champion. Last year, Rafa lost to Italian Fabio Fognini 6-4, 7-6 (8-6) in the third round.
Here’s hoping that our champ will celebrate another championship victory there this year.