- Nadal Targets Unfinished Business (via ATP World Tour)
“I didn’t have injuries during the whole season. I had injuries last year, not this year. I always thought that I would qualify for London but there’s always a chance you won’t,” Nadal said ahead of his seventh season finale.
“At the end of the day it’s good news to be here as No. 5 in the world. After a tough year, if you’re able to arrive at this tournament with that number that says that the level is still there. I need to keep playing the way that I’m playing the last month and a half. I think like this I’m going to be in a good position.”
- Roger Federer calls for tougher doping measures while rival Rafael Nadal wants drug tests to be made public (via Daily Mail)
Nadal was the most animated, and called for total transparency.
‘The only thing in my opinion that would be great is one day we make the results 100 per cent public,’ he said.
‘You ask, “Are the controls enough or not enough?”, and you ask these questions because you don’t really know how many tests I have or Andy or Roger has.
‘If one day the ITF finally decide to make the controls public it will finish all these questions in press conferences.
‘I don’t want to be talking about it. Everybody will know how many we all have. People can decide if that is enough. Even me, I cannot say how many I’ve had this year.’
- ATP Finals preview: Can anyone stop Djoker? (via ESPN)
“I’m trying,” Nadal said, when the host of the ATP draw ceremony observed that his game appeared to be getting better in this otherwise off year for the 14-time Grand Slam champion.
- Rafael Nadal Practicing At The O2 Arena
- Rafael Nadal speaks to the media ahead of ATP World Tour Finals
- Stars Practice Hard With Two Days To Go (via ATP World Tour)
- Behind The Scenes On Media Day At The O2 (via ATP World Tour)