- Nadal: “This year was about mental injury” (via Marca.com)
“For the first time in my career I was not in control of my nerves or my emotions out on court. I’ve been through some tough times, but I’ve overcome them”, said Nadal.
“These were things I struggled to overcome. During the past two months I think I’ve been doing things as I used to, hitting the ball how I feel I should, controlling my anxiety and enjoying myself again out on court”, he continued.
Nadal pointed out that it was the knee, back and wrist injuries that he has suffered in recent years which led him to doubt himself. “You lose your self-confidence, you demand more of yourself and things get complicated. It’s been seven very tough months during which time I struggled to regain my mental state”, he said.
- Elite Epilogue (via Tennis Tuesday)
This season could easily go down as one of Rafael Nadal’s worst. But for a player as accomplished as Nadal, that simply means not winning a major—not even Roland Garros. He spent time at No. 10, a position most players would dream of, even if Nadal’s fans think it nightmarish. He played in some smaller events this year to try to regain his rhythm and confidence, and it worked. He still managed to secure a number of wins against the Top 10.
- Federer Set For Final Showdown (via ATP World Tour)
The 29-year-old Spaniard qualified for the 11th straight year (13-11 record) and in his last appearance in 2013, reached final (l. Djokovic) after going 4-0 with wins over No. 3 Ferrer, No. 8 Wawrinka, No. 6 Berdych and No. 7 Federer. Ranked No. 1 at time (also in 2010).
- Rafael Nadal attends Tommy Hilfiger event in Stuttgart (November 10)
- Rafael Nadal attends Banco Sabadell event in Palma de Mallorca (November 9)
- Interview: Rafael Nadal attends Banco Sabadell event in Palma de Mallorca (via Banc Sabadell)
- Emirates ATP Race To London Update 9 November 2015 (via ATP World Tour)
- Get Ready For The Final Showdown (via ATP World Tour)