- Nadal Commits to Hamburg Return (via Tennis Now)
Rafael Nadal will launch his return on the red clay of Hamburg. The 10th-ranked Spaniard has entered next week’s bet-at-home Open. It will be Nadal’s first tournament since he was upset by world No. 102 Dustin Brown in the second round of Wimbledon last month. After Hamburg, Nadal is scheduled to play Masters tournaments in Montreal and Cincinnati followed by the U.S. Open.
- Gasquet’s treatment of triumph and despair highlights a tennis truism (via The Guardian)
The true greats – Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray – are relentlessly driven onwards and upwards by a fear of failure which separates them from the rest.
Those four are different. They win not just because they are the best but also because their talent forces them to fight. It is how they were born. Nadal looks like someone has told him fishing has been banned in Mallorca when he loses a point and Djokovic’s willpower is so strong that he was still hounding Murray when he was down three match points in the Wimbledon final two years ago. Their commitment is relentless, even in times of adversity, and not everyone can match that hunger.
- Hilfiger, waiting for Nadal — MF fashion (via mffashion.com)
In fact the next 25th August, the global campaign with Rafael Nadal as the testimonial of Tommy Hilfiger underwear’s collection will be launched in New York. The tennis star is also the representation of the Tailored line for spring/summer 2016 collection.
- Tennis’ Game of Thrones Casting Call (via Tennis Now)
Rafael Nadal as Jaimie Lannister aka The Kingslayer – Lannister got his name by taking down the King at a young age. Nadal did the same thing, toppling King Roger from his throne.
PHOTOS: Rafael Nadal Vacations In Spain
- Watch Rafael Nadal and David Ferrer in the 2015 ATP bet-at-home Open (via TennisTV)
- Rafael Nadal Talks About His Career-Defining Moment