- Rafael Nadal Opts Out of Hamburg Open (via stevegtennis.com)
Following his fourth round exit at the Wimbledon Championships, Rafael Nadal stayed true to his word about heading to the “beach” for some rest and recuperation, as he has officially opted out of the Hamburg Open in two weeks. Tournament director Michael Stich explained that ”despite our numerous efforts, Nadal has decided to take a break following Wimbledon and will not play at [the event] this year.”
Nadal me emociona siempre. Federer y Djokovic tienen todo el talento. Son casi perfectos, pero Nadal aporta tanto talento como ellos… y más emoción. No podía creerme el modo en que regresó al tenis en 2013, con aquella serie de victorias. Fue increíble. Es un jugador especial.
- Power Ranking the Top 20 Men’s Players After 2014 Wimbledon (via bleacherreport.com)
Can he win a title or two at Masters 1000 venues in the fall? The key will be his ability to defeat the second-tier players who are flexing their muscles. Nadal is arguably the favorite in semifinal and final matches at Grand Slam venues; nobody deals with pressure and makes adjustments the way Nadal can when a major is on the line. How much does he have left to keep doing this before he runs into a young opponent who suddenly plays like 2000 U.S. Open winner Marat Safin?
- Tennis Tuesday: Novak’s wedding day! Who’s on the guest list? (via tennis.com)
In the midst of a hectic season, Wimbledon champion Novak Djokovic is taking time out for love by getting married to longtime (and pregnant) girlfriend Jelena Ristic this week in Sveti Stefan, Montenegro.
- Increased demand for ATP World Tour finals tickets (via The Sport Review)
“Fans are clamouring to see both established stars such as the likes of Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Andy Murray, and the new crop of younger players including Grigor Dimitrov, Milos Raonic and Kei Nishikori. “As the last major tournament in the tennis calendar, it’s no surprise we’ve seen ticket demand rocket for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in the last 48 hours.”
- Wimbledon player grades (via SI.com)
- Wimbledon 2014 review: Our writers’ best players, matches, highs and lows (via The Guardian)
- Lucha por el ‘número uno’ de la ATP: Nadal solo podría recuperarlo al final del año (via 20minutos.es)
Esto es lo que defiende cada uno en el orden del calendario – Nadal: 6.025 puntos: 1.000 de Canadá (campeón), 1.000 de Cincinnati (campeón), 2.000 del US Open (campeón), 300 de Pekín (final), 360 de Shanghai (semifinal), 360 de París (semifinal), 1.000 de la Copa Masters de Londres (final) y 5 de la Copa Davis. Djokovic: 6.030 puntos.
- Tickets go on sale for IPTL’s final leg in Dubai (via sport360.com)
- Michelle Wie and Rafael Nadal voted Academy’s Athletes of the Month for June (via ussa.com)
- Wimbledon 2014 by Ella Ling – Amazing photos!
- Rafael Nadal Vacations In Ibiza
- Happy 26th Birthday to Maria Francisca Perello!
- Ditching the Wimbledon whites! Rafael Nadal flashes toned torso in fuchsia shorts on board luxury yacht in Ibiza as he cheers himself up after shock defeat (via Daily Mail)
- Rafael Nadal is Shirtless and Pretty in Pink (via Celebuzz)