- Nadal wins charity poker tournament (via SI.com)
… “I really enjoy playing tournaments because you can use strategy and you need to wait for your moment,” Nadal said. “I don’t know if there are similarities [between poker and tennis], but there is a tour, there are a lot of people that play, that practice, that get ready for these big events. “And the people who don’t understand about this game only think that it’s about luck. I thought that a few years ago, but now I know it’s more about knowing how to play. At the end, the best players are the winners almost every time.”
- 2013 By The Numbers: Match Wins And Ranking Improvements (via ATP)
- 2013 By The Numbers: First-Time Winners, Qualifiers, And Doubles (via ATP)
- Rafa Nadal y Javier Gómez Noya comparten ruta en sus bicicletas Specialized (via biciciclismo.com)
- World’s best set for Australian Open 2014 (via australianopen.com)
… Australian Open 2014 will welcome the world’s best tennis players to Melbourne Park, with 99 of the top 100 men and 99 of the top 100 women confirmed for the first Grand Slam of the year. World No.1s Rafael Nadal and Serena Williams will headline an all-star field for the event, and will be joined by each of their top 10 rivals for what is set to be another hotly contested Australian Open.
- Reasons Behind Rafael Nadal’s Remarkable Comeback in 2013 (via stevegtennis.com)
… Players at all levels of the game can learn from Nadal’s intensity and positivity regardless of the situation. Not only is Nadal a championship competitor, but he is also a great role model for tennis players at all other levels of the game.
- RFET, Real Federación Española de Tenis, Noticias, Nadal acudirá a la Gala de entrega del premio Samaranch a Carlos Moyá (via rfet.es)
- Ranking the Biggest Upsets in Tennis in 2013 (via bleacherreport.com)
- EPT10 Prague: Rafa, Rafa, Rafa (via pokerstarsblog.com)
- Game, set, and match! Rafa Nadal wins €100,000 EPT Charity Challenge (via pokerstarsblog.com)
- EPT10 Prague: The double life of Rafael Nadal (via pokerstarsblog.com)
- Quick Hits (via The Slice)
- Steve Flink: 2013 Flink Awards (via tennischannel.com)
… Man of the Year: Rafael Nadal – He now stands at No. 3 on the all-time list of men’s Grand Slam singles title victories with 13, one crown away from Pete Sampras, four behind the leader Roger Federer. He is climbing inexorably through history, in his own inimitable way, entirely on his own terms. Above all else, the redoubtable Rafael Nadal is my choice for Man of the Year for 2013 – without hesitation.
… Consultado sobre el gran año de Nadal, Becker reconoció que “es un placer hablar de Nadal. Ha protagonizado uno de los mejores regresos en la historia del deporte mundial. El mejor que ha existido en el tenis.
- EPT10 Charity Challenge Highlights – Rafa Nadal Wins
- Interview with Rafa after he won in Prague
- EPT10 Prague: A Look Around the Event
- Rafael Nadal press conference after winning EPT Charity Challenge in Prague
Reminder: VOTE, VOTE, VOTE! 2013 RAFA AWARDS
Contest: Win A Copy Of Tennishead Magazine