- REVEALED: How broken Nadal was rebuilt with the help of blood spinning to achieve one of sport’s greatest ever comebacks (via Mail Online)
… What is beyond doubt is that, as Nadal heads towards his late twenties, he is showing a confidence in his physical health which suggests he could remain at the top and be a thorn to his rivals for a long time to come.
- How long can Rafael Nadal stay No. 1? (via USA Today)
… Can Nadal break the recent mold and go longer? He could. Nadal defends no points from now until February. He only has 10 points on the line at Wimbledon. Assuming he’s as dominant on clay as usual, he’ll stay No. 1 even if his hard court play takes a dip.
- Rafael Nadal and the World Tour Finals: What’s really at stake (via oregonlive.com)
… So the path to his first WTF title is relatively smooth and straight. Then Rafa, the champion of all he surveys, will have to be content with repeating himself. This should not be a cause for concern among Rafa fans. As Nadal has proven at the French Open year after year, motivation to continue winning will not be a problem.
- Victoria Azarenka among the world’s best-paid athletes, pocketing $71,000 per set in 2013 (via Fox Sports)
… In comparison, Nadal has won 65 times this year and made $10,700,034, which equates to $151,288 per match, but has made $62,210 for each set he plays – about $9000 less than Azarenka.
- Gracias a todos por vuestro apoyo! Thanks for your support! #Fannumero1 (via Rafa’s official YouTube channel)
- ATP World Tour Uncovered looks at Rafael Nadal’s return to No. 1 in the Emirates ATP Rankings, eight months after his return from injury.
- An interview with Uncle Toni (via ib3tv.com)