The draw for the Melbourne tournament is out.
Top seeded Rafael Nadal, who has not played competitively since 5 August 2021 at the Citi Open due to a left foot injury, will face either Marcos Giron or a qualifier in his Melbourne opener next week. Launching his quest for an 89th career title, Rafa could face David Goffin or Nick Kyrgios in the semifinals.
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- 1st round: Bye
- 2nd round: Marcos Giron
- Quarterfinal: Dominic Koepfer
- Semifinal: David Goffin or Nick Kyrgios
- Final: Reilly Opelka or Grigor Dimitrov
If the men play to seed the quarterfinal line up will be:
- Rafael Nadal vs Dominic Koepfer
- David Goffin vs Ilya Ivashka
- Mackenzie McDonald vs Grigor Dimitrov
- Benoit Paire vs Reilly Opelka
Our champ is also participating in the Melbourne doubles draw with fellow countryman Jaume Munar. They face Australians Marc Polmans and Alexei Popyrin in the first round.
GOOD LUCK & VAMOS RAFA!