The draw for the Madrid Open was performed today.
After a first-round bye, Rafael Nadal will face the winner of the match between Gael Monfils and a qualifier. The world No. 1 could face Pablo Carreno Busta in the third round, prior to a quarter-final against last year’s runner-up Dominic Thiem.
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- 1st round: Bye
- 2nd round: Gael Monfils
- 3rd round: Pablo Carreno Busta or Borna Coric
- Quarter-final: Dominic Thiem
- Semi-final: Juan Martin del Potro
- Final: Alexander Zverev or Grigor Dimitrov
- Rafael Nadal vs Dominic Thiem
- Juan Martin del Potro vs Kevin Anderson
- David Goffin vs Grigor Dimitrov
- John Isner vs Alexander Zverev
Rafa is 45-7 lifetime in Madrid, with title runs in 2008, 2010, 2013-14 and 2017, in addition to runner-up finishes in 2007, 2009, 2011 and 2015.
GOOD LUCK & VAMOS RAFA!