The draw for Montreal was performed on Friday afternoon. After a first round bye, Rafael Nadal will play the winner of a match between a qualifier and Borna Coric. He could face John Isner in the third round, prior to a quarter-final against Milos Raonic.
Rafa’s potential route to the final:
- First round: Bye
- Second round: Borna Coric
- Third round: John Isner or Juan Martin del Potro
- Quarter-final: Milos Raonic
- Semi-final: Alexander Zverev
- Final: Roger Federer
If the men play to seed the quarter-final line up will be:
- Rafael Nadal vs. Milos Raonic
- Alexander Zverev vs. Milos Raonic
- Dominic Thiem vs. Grigor Dimitrov
- Roger Federer vs Kei Nishikori
Rafa has won the Canadian title three times, most recently at Coupe Rogers in 2013.
Our champ needs to reach the semi-finals to return to the top spot in the ATP Rankings. Our champ was last No. 1 in June 2014. He has spent a total of 141 weeks at No. 1.
Good luck Rafa! VAMOS!!