- Rafa Reigns Again In Monte-Carlo | Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters
The victory here confirms that I am better and I am very happy. Is very, very emotional week for me, very important event. Probably Monte-Carlo is one of the most important places in my career without any doubt.
“To win again here after three years is something so special for me. So very happy for that. I am enjoying emotionally.
“I know I worked hard to have this trophy with me. I am enjoying this moment. It’s an emotional moment after some tough moments. But that’s part of the life, is part of the sports in general.
“Today winning nine times here is something unbelievable for me.”
- Rafael Nadal Glad He Won 9th Monte Carlo Title the Hard Way | New York Times
“It has been a very important week,” Nadal said. “The victory confirms that I am better.”
Nadal is not going to get carried away. He has his sights set on a ninth title in Barcelona, having not won there since 2013, which is when he last reached the final.
“We will see how things are in the next six months (but) I have to enjoy this moment,” Nadal said. “Tomorrow I will start to think about Barcelona.”
- Nadal Enjoys Long Rallies But Thrives On Shorter Points | ATP World Tour
Nadal’s ninth title in Monte-Carlo was built much more on suffocating defense than anything else. He made Wawrinka snap a racket over his leg after four games. He also dominated Andy Murray and Monfils in deciding sets. If you simply can’t put a ball away, it makes for a very tough day at the office. The king of clay just put his crown back on his head.
- Rafael Nadal beats Gael Monfils to win ninth Monte Carlo Masters
- Singles Final | Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters
- Nadal Downs Monfils Monte Carlo 2016 Final Highlight
- Interview: Nadal Talks About Ninth Title Monte Carlo 2016
- Monte Carlo 2016 Hot Shots Countdown
- Rafa Nadal celebrates 2016 Monte Carlo title with ball boys | Barbara Grassi
- Rafael Nadal: “Une grande émotion” (in French) | FranceTVSport
- Match Point: Nadal, maître du Rocher | FranceTVSport