- Nadal downs Verdasco in Indian Wells | ATP World Tour
“I lost matches similar to this one in Australia, in Bueno Aires, in Rio de Janeiro, so it’s important winning sets like this for me,” Nadal said. “I feel lucky to win the tie-break, and at the same time I think at the end of the tie-break I played well with not many mistakes and going for the points.
“So it is an important victory for me. Two match wins here, tough ones. That’s something that stays in my mind and helps.”
- Three to See, Indian Wells: Wednesday, 3/16 | tennis.com
. The 29-year-old Nadal and the 18-year-old Zverev have yet to play each other, which makes this match a kind of blank slate that we can sit back and enjoy without any expectations. Well, maybe one: While Nadal is the favorite because of his pedigree, this would seem to be a ripe moment for Zverev to spring a changing-of-the-guard upset.
… I am impressed by Nadal. His tennis has been a mix of terrific and tentative. Sometimes he looks like the Mt. Rushmore player he is; other times he looks like the guy who’s retreated (literally and figuratively) from the top. But he’s walking around with smile, speaking openly, and not looking like a guy who’s plotting an exit strategy.
- Lovely Rafa! 🙂
- Rafael Nadal reaches Indian Wells fourth round
- BNP Paribas Open 2016: Exclusive Pictures for Tuesday, March 15 | Tennis Connected
- #BNPPO16: Tennis-Filled Tuesday | BNP Paribas Open